Friday, July 15, 2011

Oh How I LOVE Thee, Weekend!

First weekend since the vaca.  I'm so ready for it!  Made homemade pizza tonight, which is probably  one of my specialties.  I like to use the best ingredients I can afford.  Nothing like a pipping hot bubbly cheese covered disc of crispy dough fresh out of the oven!  I love to cook and bake.  Despise cleaning up after it.  And loooooove eating it!  A bit too much I'm afraid.  But you know what they say...never trust a skinny cook!

Baby tomatoes are popping out!  So much fun to watch the progressing growth with anticipation!  Looking forward to the harvest and producing my own pizza sauce.  As it is now, I use the store-brand organic jarred sauce, which actually isn't too bad.  Fresh mozzarella is the best!  I also like to use a sharp cheddar and some fresh-grated Parmesan...mmmm.  And fresh basil will be amazing on top as well!  My mouth is watering again!  Isn't yours?

Trying to decide when to take my next vacation.  I know it's bad, since I just had one last week, but it was so relaxing and so great.  I still have 9 days of vacation time left, but I kind of like to save it as I'm sure there will come a time when I truly feel I need it!

So, my latest fascination is this app I downloaded to my iPhone.  It's called Pocket Frogs!  I lose track of time when I play it.  So much fun to breed frogs, sell them, race them and put them into habitats.  I know it probably sounds weird, but it is addicting.  I  wish it was available on the Android phones so that my boyfriend and I could play together!  He is so jealous! Haha!  I don't know why I get so wrapped up in these things.  I seem to go through phases and I thought only kids do that, but I've been through so many in the past 10 years.  I went through my figure skating phase, where I went to as many events, got as many pictures and autographs as I could.  I still enjoy watching it.  And if you've never seen it done live by the athletes themselves, I highly recommend it.  It's unbelievable what they can do on that tiny blade of metal!  I've been to several competitions and shows alike and it still amazes me.  After that I was on to my rock music phase.  I got really into this local band who made it big, Breaking Benjamin.  I became a member on their website and met tons of awesome people who I will share tons of memories with for the rest of my life.  Both of those phases lasted a couple years each.  After that, I had less-intense phases until here I am in the Pocket Frog phase.  I pour myself into something totally.  Now, if only I could do the same with writing.  I would totally have it made!  Oh well, it's been a long week and I'm ready to relax!

1 comment:

  1. yummy!! i want a pizza now :( first day of vaca YAY so i don't even feel like dressing up and buying stuff for a pizza...
    but
    maybe
    you convinced me.. maybe i have everything to do it myself...?

    ReplyDelete