Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Last Day!

The last day of vacation is always the hardest. Perhaps it is time for a career change? Not the best of times to be thinking such things with the unemployment rate through the roof. I just can't help thinking how much happier I could be doing something else, though I'm not 100% sure what that something else is! I didn't really accomplish anything on this "staycation." I just really took it easy and relaxed, played it by ear and really enjoyed myself. I find myself thinking that life would be so much better if I could function in regular everyday life like I do on vacation. But seriously, how does one achieve such happiness and equilibrium? If you figure it out, let me know, I'll be the one back at work.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say... you're right. you need to find something you love and enjoy doing (most of the time if not) everyday.

    as you know, I am lucky enough to really adore my job, and still have a (little) life beside it, and it really keeps me as healthy, both physically and mentally, as possible.

    I'd hire you if you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete