Monday, July 11, 2011

First Day Back...

Why are people so annoying on the first day back to work?  I walk through the door and get "So how was your vacation?"  It was great, I say (and in my head continue) not having to hear your wretched voice for 11 days was amazing!  I guess we all feel that way, I think?

Vacation was so carefree and relaxing.  I was dreading going back so much that I waited in the car until the last possible moment.  And as soon as I walked through that door, I felt the life being sucked out of me.  My boss asked me if I had printed out a certain list lately.  Hmmm, I just walked through the door of death 15 minutes ago after being off 11 days, no, I just haven't had a chance quite yet.  It's a good thing people can't hear what I say in my head.  I think they'd get a totally different opinion of me.  Many might even hate me.  In my position, which shall remain nameless, it is required that I listen to many co-workers issues and try to help get them solved, so it's best if I keep my comments to myself.  Though there are days-and it's becoming more and more often that I'd LOVE to blurt out what I'm thinking.  But instead, I just bite my lip and fake smile as I give advice on the situation.  And 8 hours later, I'm out the door in a flash, no looking back, burning rubber!  It's a paycheck, that's about it.  Sad.  I used to kinda like it there.  Things change.

I wish I knew what my calling was.  What would make me happy and what it is I'm good at.  Until then, I'll just continue to keep my comments to myself and fake smile and collect that check...

No comments:

Post a Comment