Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary...

So, I mentioned the deck garden once before.  This morning when I got up, I went out to the garden to see how we are progressing.  I think we may be a little behind others because we used seeds and I just started things as time went along.  So our harvest is going to be all over the place.  Anyhow, this past week, little yellow flowers started to bloom on the Roma tomato plant!  The Heirloom tomato plant has not looked too healthy, but we are trying to nurse it along.  Today, when I arrived home from work, I noticed we have several little green tomatoes on the Roma plant!  How exciting!  My boyfriend already harvested his radishes, which he said were better than last year's.  I have also planted 2 heads of cabbage.  I know, interesting choice for a deck garden.  Spinach is coming along nicely.  The green pepper plant needs some thinning.  Basil is looking so healthy!  Can't wait to try and make some sauce of my own!  The scallions just don't seem to be progressing much.  I figured they would be quick growers but so far, no dice.  I look forward to making homemade pizza with the tomatoes, basil and peppers.

Now, I have to say that every time I get on here to type up my blog, I think about that show Doogie Howser, M.D.  All that's missing is the blue computer screen with the white MS-DOS type on it.  Come on, you know you watched it...more than a few times...maybe you thought NPH was cute even.   My, how far we have come since those days!  For those of you interested in a bit of nostalgia, or those with insomnia, you can catch Doogie on "the Hub" channel on the weekends and I think some weeknights too around 2AM.   Sometimes it's even preceded by The Wonder Years.  Who knew that Doogie Howser would someday play a womanizing cad on "How I Met Your Mother?"  Or that he would be the toast of Broadway, hosting the Tony Awards!

Speaking of insomnia, I have been having the worst time trying to get to sleep at night.  I am sure it is because during my vacation I stayed up all hours of the night.  Once I was on the computer and looked over at the clock (why, I don't know since the time is right at the top of my computer) but it was nearly 5AM!  I haven't gotten to bed before midnight at all this week.  And I pay for it every morning, hitting the snooze pretty hard.  I need to get back to my routine.  Usually I get up a little earlier than I need to and do either Zumba or Gold's Gym Boxing on the Wii.  I did it Monday but not yesterday or today.  Baby steps, I guess.

Looking back at this blog entry I realize it is a bit all over the place.  I guess that makes sense, since my head has been the same lately.  Some things could change drastically relatively soon and my thoughts are really all over the place!  It's both exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time.  I have also decided to try and write something.  Not just this blog.  Like a story, a book, something.  I've started so many times and I get so far and either I can't figure out how to end it or don't think it's deserving of a finish.  This time, I need to follow through the whole way to the end.  Wish me luck!  ...and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment