Thursday, July 7, 2011

No, I'm Not A Comedian

I've been considering starting a blog ever since watching Julie & Julia.  Actually, I guess I've already blogged if you count that dreary time in my life when I continually hashed and re-hashed over that not-so-good time in my life on Myspace.  A time where nothing seemed believable anymore.  That was about 3 years ago.  Everything fell apart in a big way.  I guess I kinda knew it would happen sooner or later.   I was just denying myself from honesty.  Perhaps that's a story for another day.

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am Jenn, from NEPA (or Northeast PA, for those of you outside of this little piece of heaven.)  We have mountains and seasons and trees and farms and lakes as well as cities like Wilkes-Barre (Pronounced many different ways, but seems the accepted pronunciation on TV is: Wilks Barry) and Scranton, yes, the Scranton on that TV show, The Office.

I am 39 and holding with clenched fists and sharpened fingernails!  My work is very unglamorous and therefore unmentionable.  I may discuss non-specific things, but seriously, it's not interesting AT ALL!  I live in a 3rd floor, one bedroom apartment, which I rented shortly after my divorce.  Best thing I ever did in life!  Maybe it's not such a big deal at this point in time, but for me back then, I was scared to death of being on my own.  Didn't know if I could make it!  But here I am, 6 years later.  Still going strong.  Of course now I have a boyfriend and not one, but two cats who are complete opposites other than both being female.  We have a deck garden where we tried successfully last year growing tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and watermelon.  This year we took away the cucumbers and added:  spinach, cabbage, scallions and basil.  Everything from seeds this year, last year we cheated.

I HATE to clean.  I don't think I'm a particularly messy person.  I'll admit, it was much easier keeping this place clean without a second person and sometimes I get angry when things get taken for granted, but as one of my friends told me once, "No one ever talked about a deceased person at their funeral by saying what a clean person they were."  -If they did, that would be a sad, sad existence!

I enjoy doing things with my hands:  cooking, sewing, crafty things, gardening and I have this strange almost perverse need to touch things that look soft.  For instance, earlier this week, on the July 4th holiday, there was a car parked in the alley next to our building.  It was a classic car, a Chevelle, I believe and it had those fuzzy shag-like seat covers.  They were beautiful and white and I soooo wanted to touch them.  Weird, I know, but that's just me...speaking of weird...what is with this question thing when you edit your profile?  Who cares how I pronounce the G in bologna?  (I don't by the way.)

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, this is so great! You are a beautiful writer. And you're so brave. It IS scary to be on our own, no matter what the circumstances. You seem so content and your post made me happy. Can't wait to read more!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more as well sistah!
    Its funny how our lives can be similar in many ways...
    I love to touch too. Its like the complement to my eyes...
    I love that quote about funeral and the epitaphe.. I will print it and nring it to work!
    You totally enlit my day & i thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete